Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Maxis Center - It is so bad that it needs a blog post of its own!!!

There is a saying where it says, "Until you experience it, you will never know how it feels". I finally know what the saying means. My maxis sim card spoiled out of a sudden so decided to go to maxis center for a replacement. Went to the nearest maxis center in Endah Parade. There was a little crowd so I waited for my turn.

When my turn came, I told them that I would like to replace my sim card as it has spoiled and the lady there asked for my number. Conversation goes like this:

Me: My number is 017-6*****3.
Lady: Under what name ah this number???
Me: Says my name
Lady: It can't be you because you are so young.
Me: Huh? It's my name and of course I am young.
Lady: Nono...It says here that your IC number is in the year of '59.
Me: Huh?? No way it can be '59. (brings out IC for verification)
Lady: (checks the IC and said:) No but here it says '59.
Me: But can't you see my IC number there. The address is also there. So it's not my mistake.
Lady: Oh ok. Sorry but we can't do replacement for you if your details is wrong. You need to go to the walk in center in KL.

I was pissed that it took so long for her just to ask me to go to KL for replacement. When she knew that my IC and the details on their system she should have said so. Why is she constantly talking about the year of birth??? Never mind. Decided that it's still early so drove to Times Square. There was a bit of jam but what to do. I will need to replace my card or people will not be able to contact me..

Reached Times Square after being stuck on the jam for roughly 30 minutes. There were promoters standing outside the shop and asked me if I want their postpaid plan. I said no and there is another lady coming to me to assist me. So I told her that I need to replace my sim card and she asked me to take a sit.

This is the conversation.

Me: My number is 017-6*****3 and it is registered under my name. (brings out IC along)
Lady: Ok but there is some mistake on the IC number.
Me: Yeah, the center in Endah Parade told me to come to any of the KL center to make changes.
Lady: Are you sure? Because they can actually change it for you if they are an authorised maxis center.
Me: (WTF)But she told me to come to KL center. (starting to get pissed for being tricked)
Lady: I am sorry but let me just change the details for you.
(after 5 minutes)
Lady: Ok. Your details have been changed. How may I help you.
Me: I need to replace my sim card cause it's spoiled.
Lady: I am sorry but we are unable to replace for you currently because our server has been down since morning.
Me: (So freaking pissed off) Why don't you tell me earlier when I first came in and told you that I need to replace my sim card?
Lady: I am sorry but you did not mentioned that you need to replace the sim card.
Me: If I did not ask you WHY DO YOU ASK ME TO SIT DOWN?????
Lady: It's our courtersy to the customers.
Me: If it is courtersy, where is your courtersy to listen to my needs when I FIRST CAME IN???
Lady: I am sorry I must have missed that. Our server should be up in the evening.
Me: I am not gonna wait. I have gone to two centers and both are a waste of time. (walks off)

I was so freaking pissed at the service they provide. One is so freaking lazy to do a replacement for me and asked me to go to KL. One did not actually listen to the needs of the customer. Despite making so much advertisement and promoting their service, why don't they use the money to train their personnel first???? DAMN....what a waste of time!!!! I still have not replaced my sim card yet. And the next time I go and they give me all this BS again...I will just stick to DiGi then. At least DiGi does not charge for replacement while maxis charges for everything that you want to do.

No comments: